I was going to write about how it's all perked up here again and then the WASO thingy came up and I thought "just the job!" I've been keeping a notebook of treasured moments since Squiblet arrived. For once I'm going to keep things brief.
- The smile that comes from your eyes and lights up your face when you see me in the morning
- The time we flew a kite and you ran around chasing it when you had only just learned to walk on your own
- Watching the easy way you giggle and laugh when you play with your Mama
- The way you brighten up the world with your cheerful hellos and observations of passers by
- The way you will offer to share your raisins to the spotty teenage boy at the bus stop
- The look of delight when we brought out your birthday cake and you shouted "blow it out!"
- The expression on your face when you tasted ice cream. It went from shock and almost tears to sheer delight in an instant
- The way you get excited about the world....about snails, airmlanes (aeroplanes), worms, feathers and pigeons
- When you try on a new outfit or new shoes you say "new one, mirror!"
- The way you can't walk past a flower without saying "smell it"
- The way when you have a chocolate treat you say "Mama some, Mummy some" because you don't want us to be left out
- The wonderful way you embrace our friends as your own
- The way you cuddle people when they are sad or poorly and "rubback" when they cough
- The serious look on your face when you are sticking or painting or making play dough shapes
Well, not very brief! I got a bit carried away!